Early Run Kenai River King Fishing Opened to Catch and Release June 4

first_imgThe last time catch and release was allowed on early run Kenai Kings was in 2013, but the season was closed completely by June 20. The Optimal Escapement Goal for early run Kenai kings is 5,300-9,000. Begich says they’re confident that goal will be met, even with the more relaxed opportunities. Additional actions may be taken in the future if those numbers change. Retention of kings will be permitted after Friday, July 1. Begich: “To allow catch and release fishing in the Kenai River for all sizes of king salmon, beginning tomorrow. There might not be much catching going on until the water settles down, but the opportunity will be there. It’ll be a barbless, single hook only fishery, all sizes of king salmon must be released and not removed from the water. Retention of all kings prohibited.” FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Department of Fish and Game has opened catch and release Kenai River King Salmon fishing as of June 4th, which is tomorrow. Begich says the run this year is returning earlier and stronger than forecasted. As of June 1, the in-river counter recorded 2,375 fish. The same time last year that number was 960 fish. In 2014 it was just 295. That’s according to Sportsfishing Management Biologist Robert Begich…last_img read more

K.T. Harrell invited to Portsmouth Invitational Tournament

first_imgAUBURN — K.T. Harrell is among the 64 players headed to the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament this week to showcase his talents for NBA scouts.The Montgomery native, who led the SEC in scoring (18.5 points) and three-pointers during the regular season, is one of four SEC players headed to the four-day tournament.Harrell will play for the Portsmouth Partnership team along with Stefan Nastic (Stanford), Michael Cobbins (Oklahoma State), Richaun Holmes (Bowling Green), Dustin Hogue (Iowa State), Pat Connaughton (Notre Dame), Julius Brown (Toledo) and Will Cummings (Temple).The team’s first game will be Thursday at 8 p.m. CT and its second game will be on Friday.Auburn coach Bruce Pearl pushed for Antoine Mason to also receive an invite to the exclusively senior showcase to no avail.Alabama’s Levi Randolph, Mississippi’s Jarvis Summers and Georgia’s Marcus Thornton are the other SEC players taking part in the event.last_img read more

UK’s Wall not expecting spot on Olympic team

first_imgWashington Wizards' John Wall, left, dribbles against Atlanta Hawks' Kent Bazemore in the third quarter of Game 5 of the second round of the NBA basketball playoffs Wednesday, May 13, 2015, in Atlanta. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)Washington Wizards’ John Wall, left, dribbles against Atlanta Hawks’ Kent Bazemore in the third quarter of Game 5 of the second round of the NBA basketball playoffs Wednesday, May 13, 2015, in Atlanta. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)John Wall is anything but optimistic on his chances of playing in next year’s Rio Olympics.The former No. 1 overall pick out of Kentucky, Wall, who now stars for the Washington Wizards, told CSN Washington “I probably won’t make it” on the 12-player roster.Consider Chris Paul helped USA Basketball to the 2012 gold medal and Stephen Curry, before his NBA MVP season, played for the Americans in the 2014 World Cup on a team Wall didn’t make.“Oh, yeah. Ten times out of 10 they’ll be on the team,” Wall told CSN Washington.Kyrie Irving, who played for national team coach Mike Krzyzewski at Duke, will also be in the mix at the guard spot ahead of the Rio Games.“It’s tough, but I’ve been overlooked my whole career,” Wall said. “I’m used to it. Just more motivation and fuel to my fire,” Wall said. “Going into this year, (USA Basketball) is an opportunity, but my main goal is focusing on the Washington Wizards.”Meanwhile, another former Wildcats star, Anthony Davis, sizes up as a shoe-in to make the roster. DeMarcus Cousins will be a consideration as wlel.last_img read more

Buxton Youth Development , Sir Leon Lessons to battle in Milo U-18 Schools final

first_imgBUXTON Youth Development will play Sir Leon’s Lessons in the sixth final of the annual Milo Schools U-18 Football Tournament.Both teams dominated their opponents on Sunday in the semi-finals at the Ministry of Education ground, Carifesta Avenue.The duo of Shemar  Scott and Teshawn Gordon  scored goals on  either side  of play to seal their place ahead of Annandale Secondary. Scott scored in the 24th minute while Gordon scored in the 54th as the East Coast Demerara unit   made their first final in their inaugural  year of  the tournament.In the second match of the day,  Sir Leon’s obliterated Lodge Secondary 4-1 with Lennox Young scoring a  double, with goals in the 80th and 88th minute .  Zion Gray (29th) and Shamar  Carrington (49th) had other goals  after Troyston Louisy gave the former champions   the lead  in the 6th.Played under the theme “There is no excuse for Violence” due to the tournament’s partnership with the Ministry of Public Health, the Under-18 boys will be hoping to secure the first place prize of $500,000 which will go towards a school project on March 31. Additionally, first runner-up will get $300,000 while third and fourth placed teams will get 200,000 and 100,000 respectively, along with trophies and individual prizes for outstanding performances.last_img read more

Chelsea Under-21s edged out by PSV

first_imgSee also:Chelsea youngsters’ long unbeaten run ended and Bees lose to MillwallChelsea youngsters return to winning ways by beating FulhamChelsea youngsters beat Arsenal to clinch titleChelsea youngsters win in controversial penalty shoot-outAnother goal for Abraham as Chelsea Under-21s winTerry and Pedro ruled out of Stoke gameChelsea v Stoke: five key battles Chelsea’s Under-21 side missed out on the final of the Premier League International Cup, losing 2-1 to PSV Eindoven.They made the perfect start to the semi-final clash at Aldershot when Kasey Palmer put them ahead with a free-kick after just six minutes. But PSV, whose line-up included Netherlands international midfielder Adam Maher, were in front by half-time.AdChoices广告Maher was involved in the equaliser – an own goal by the unfortunate Trevoh Chalabah.After Maher’s driven shot was cleared off the line by Kevin Wright, the ball struck Chalobah and rebounded into the net.And the Dutch side went ahead with a clever lob from Steven Bergwijn – another PSV player with significant first-team experience.Chelsea were unable to find an equaliser. Tammy Abraham (pictured) had an effort cleared off the line before Palmer and Blues midfielder Josimar Quintero fired over.Earlier on Thursday, five Chelsea players were included in the England Under-17 squad for this month’s European Championship qualifiers. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Clubs ‘lie in wait’ for Chelsea player – Wants loan move,…

first_imgHowever, before he does that, he will need some professional game time under his belt, which he has yet to acquire, and with the path to the Blues’ first-team regular spot firmly blocked, that means a loan.According to Foot Mercato, the 18-year-old knows where he wants to go, and that’s France, where he was born and played until 2017 prior to his move to Stamford Bridge.Luckily for him, Tié already has a number of suitors, with the French website reporting several unnamed Ligue 2 sides are ‘already lying in wait’.Chelsea, down their end, are ‘open’ to the idea of letting the youngster go out on loan, clearly seeing this as a good opportunity for a player they appear to have some faith in going forward.The shot stopper has two years left on his Chelsea deal, keeping him at the club until June 2021. Embroiled in some strange national team controversy last year, Chelsea’s Nicolas Tié appears to want to represent Ivory Coast going forward.last_img read more

Ravenna boys basketball squad defeats Monatague to remain perfect on the season

first_img Other Shares Share × Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Other DEAL OF THE DAY $0.00 LocalSportsJournal.comThe Ravenna boys basketball team broke past Montague, 60-42, Thursday night with a second quarter run that led to the Bulldogs staying perfect on the season and in West Michigan Conference play.Calvin Schullo holds the ball in the lane for Ravenna. Photo/Leo ValdezThe Bulldogs broke open after a 14-14 first quarter 16-7 second quarter run, taking a 30-21 halftime lead.Ravenna outscored the Wildcats by a 15-11 margin in the third quarter and closed out the game on a 15-10 run.The Bulldogs were paced by Hunter Funk with 14 points and nine rebounds while Trevor Sterken added 13 points. Calvin Schullo chipped in with 11 points and seven rebounds.Montague was led by Asher Erickson with 11 points and six rebounds while Logan Metcalf had eight points.Ravenna is off to a perfect 11-0 start overall and 8-0 in the conference. The Wildcats are now 6-5 on the season and 4-4 in league play. × Displayed poorly DEAL OF THE DAY Bestseller DEAL OF THE DAY Add Comments (Max 320 characters) ENDS IN Bestseller Displayed poorly Displayed poorly (8187) Report a problem This item is… ENDS IN Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Inappropriate / Offensive Inappropriate / Offensive $0.00 Add Comments (Max 320 characters) ENDS IN Bestseller Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Displayed poorly (124) Inappropriate / Offensive Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Report a problem This item is… Inappropriate / Offensive × $26.86$49.99 Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Report a problem This item is… Ads by Amazon × Not relevant $59.99 (35539) Dude Perfect Signature Bow Nerf Sports Bi… $0.00 Report a problem This item is… DEAL OF THE DAY Inappropriate / Offensive Mail Ads by Amazon $3.99 ENDS IN Displayed poorly Displayed poorly ENDS IN Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Displayed poorly Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Add Comments (Max 320 characters) ENDS IN Other The League DEAL OF THE DAY Bestseller Not relevant (22) (1009) Jack Emery goes drives in for a layup for Ravenna. Photo/Leo Valdez $15.29$17.99 Report a problem This item is… Inappropriate / Offensive Report a problem This item is… Conner Kilbourne passes the ball up court for Ravenna. Photo/Leo Valdez Inappropriate / Offensive Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Not relevant Bestseller ENDS IN Not relevant Franklin Sports MLB Electronic Baseball … Report a problem This item is… Other Jacob May pulls down the rebound for Ravenna. Photo/Leo Valdez DEAL OF THE DAY (1461) Not relevant Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. × Not relevant Share Inappropriate / Offensive Fox Sports Go Bestseller Bestseller Displayed poorly Other Bestseller DEAL OF THE DAY Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Special… Shop Now FOX Sports: Stream live NFL, College Footbal… $14.99 0 Adam Nutt goes up for the shot while Montague’s No. 40 Riley Hagen defends. Photo/Leo Valdez Chase Peterson goes up for the shot for Montague. Photo/Leo Valdez × NBC Sports Not relevant Montague senior Riley Hagen goes up for the shot in the lane. Photo/Leo Valdez Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Not relevant (33138) Report a problem This item is… Other × Add Comments (Max 320 characters) A Warrior’s Heart × (1862) Other Other ENDS IN DEAL OF THE DAYlast_img read more

Timehri Panthers remain unbeaten

first_imgTimehri Panthers maintained their unbeaten run in the East Bank Football Association [EBFA]/Juicy Juice U13 League, mauling Soesdyke Falcons 6-1 Saturday at the Timehri Red Ground. Keron Williams tallied a helmet-trick in the 15th, 17th, 30th and 34th minute. He was supported by goals from Shaquile Caleb and Antwon Denny in the 46th and 59th minute apiece.For the losing team, Jeremiah Henry in the 24th minute. Diamond United defeated Swan FC 3-0. Shaquan Brathwaite and Shakem Welcome scored in the 11th and 17th minute respectively, while a 45th minute own goal sealed the score line.Hararuni Eagles clawed their way past Soesdyke Falcons 1-0 led by a Cebasio Peters 50th minute strike. The event continues today at the same venue with another round of matches.last_img read more

Ex-MLB All Star Edmonds in hospital with COVID-19 symptoms

first_img SUBSCRIBE TO US Former eight-time Gold Glove winner Jim Edmonds was in hospital Saturday with symptoms similar to the COVID-19 disease. The 49-year-old Edmonds is awaiting test results after trying to tough it out on his own. But he says his condition worsened and he decided to check himself into a hospital. “Held off as long as I could,” Edmonds wrote on Instagram and included a photo of himself wearing a mask.  “I thought I was tough enough to get through. This virus is no joke. #gethealthy.” Edmonds in hospitalEdmonds’ delay in getting to hospital is not unusual. Because of an overwhelmed mainly private health care system, Americans who suspect they may have the new coronavirus are being told to stay away from emergency rooms unless their symptoms are serious. The United States has the highest number of new coronavirus cases in the world, more than 120,000, and its death toll is around 2,150 and climbing. The four-time all-star Edmonds hit 393 career homers in 17 seasons — mainly with the Anaheim Angels (1993-99) and St. Louis Cardinals (2000-07). An all-round player, he also captured eight Gold Glove awards for brilliant defensive play. Image credits: AP WATCH US LIVE Edmonds batted .284 with 1,199 RBIs in 2,011 career games. He currently works as a broadcaster for the Cardinals. “Thinking of our friend, Jim Edmonds, and hoping he starts feeling better soon!” the Cardinals tweeted Saturday.  Last Updated: 29th March, 2020 09:51 IST Ex-MLB All Star Edmonds In Hospital With COVID-19 Symptoms Former eight-time Gold Glove winner Jim Edmonds was in hospital Saturday with symptoms similar to the COVID-19 disease Written Bycenter_img COMMENT FOLLOW US Press Trust Of India LIVE TV First Published: 29th March, 2020 09:51 ISTlast_img read more

Hundred delay will rob women’s game of momentum, fears Edwards

first_imgLONDON, (Reuters) – Women’s cricket risks losing momentum after the launch of The Hundred competition was postponed until next year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, former England captain Charlotte Edwards said. The women’s Twenty20 World Cup in Australia proved a massive success this year with an 86,000-plus crowd watching the hosts beat India in the March 8 final in Melbourne.The global health crisis has since halted professional cricket and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) last week decided to postpone The Hundred, which was scheduled to begin in mid-July.The innovative franchise-based league includes an American sports-style draft and features eight city-based men’s and women’s teams with names such as London Spirit, Manchester Originals and Trent Rockets. “There are so many mixed emotions really,” Edwards, who led England to Twenty20 and one-day World Cup titles in 2009, told BBC World Service.“Obviously it’s the right decision but it was such an important year for women’s cricket on the back of the hugely successful World Cup in Australia, where nearly 90,000 people watched the game.“We just really felt the momentum was with the women’s game and we were also going to introduce contracts this summer for 40 professional cricketers, and it’s all been put on hold at the moment,” the 40-year-old said. For several uncontracted female cricketers in England, the new league was to be their only source of income this year.“A lot of players were hoping to have contracts for the Hundred, which were quite lucrative for some of them, and everyone’s going to miss out which is so unfortunate and at such an important time for women’s cricket,” Edwards said.The ECB still plans to award 40 new full-time contracts at some stage as part of a plan to invest 20 million pound ($24.9 million) in the women’s game. “We have been guaranteed that the ECB will still go ahead with their 20 million pound investment into the women’s game, which is something that is obviously keeping us all going at the moment,” Edwards said.last_img read more